" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: It's up, some great feedback and my first hate post! How exciting!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's up, some great feedback and my first hate post! How exciting!

Last night was long and intense. This morning has been shorter but still rather unnerving. You see, it's up and out there now. All of the time and energy put into a single video that is only a few minutes long has come to fruition. I want to say so much more but let's get to the hate post.

I won't directly type the words the person said but he asked why I was be so foolish as to do a Meryl scene and said I look dumb or something along those lines. To be honest, it wouldn't have felt real to me without hearing that. Puhlease, we all know I'VE thought it myself. That was the point of this journey. As an actor if your skin isn't thick, you won't go far. There is no one performance that all will like. For example, Meryl in The Devil Wears Prada is one of my all time favorite performances BUT there were some critics who found it annoying, poorly acted, uninspired. Well, you know what I say to them? To each his own. That's your opinion. And to my hater, the first of what I can only guess will be many, it's all good. No worries. I completely understand what you're saying.

Now I must find a silly dress to wear for a live show called Bonk and become the Bonk Babe! Oh my, no boring moments here.

0 comments: