" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Hello Couch? Is that you?

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hello Couch? Is that you?

I received an email from the contact who was going to provide me with the students for Music of the Heart.  When we last spoke she asked several questions about my project wanting to know who it was for and what the goals of it are.  I answered all to the best of my ability and we left it with her needing the links and further information to forward to the kids and their parents. That night, less than an hour later, I emailed her with every link she could need and more answers to her questions.  She was to mull it over and contact the kids and then get back to me.

Yesterday she got back to me saying, she was sorry but due to conflicts with scheduling, other activities and room use, it wouldn't work out and she could not provide me with the students.  She offered two other suggestions but I was truly disappointed.  When we originally spoke she explained that she had a diverse class, which was necessary to duplicate an inner city New York school demographic.  She also had the perfect room so it was a double score because I had the location too. 

Now I'm back to square one.  I will contact those people she suggested and keep plugging away but DARN.  That felt so easy and natural and I truly was hoping for that since I have only 3 scenes to go.  I wanted them to fall in place without much of a hitch.  Why would that start now, you ask?  Heck, I don't know but let's just say this, Meryl Streep calling me isn't the only scenario I dream about … speaking of dreams, a nap would be good right now.  I hear my couch calling me.

One great thing is that I posted my request on FB stating I need grade school violin students and got about 10 responses, all good ideas.  This means I just need to follow up on those and perhaps I can put off my nap.  Meanwhile, I heard from my Mom and sister yesterday who need me to do some advertising for the sale of our family business.  I need to work on the preliminaries there and create the last three scripts and find locations and just a couple other items.  On second thought, I might grab a blanket too.

0 comments: