" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: And the Oscar goes to ...

Monday, February 28, 2011

And the Oscar goes to ...

Last night was a big night in Hollywood.  It got me thinking, but what doesn't, right?  Truth is, women in film don't usually make a big break later in life.  Jessica Tandy comes to mind right away but I'm really not willing to wait for someone to drive me around and call me Miss Nancy to have an amazing career.  I guess this is as close to a mid life crisis as I'm going to get.  I was just a bit panic stricken to think that I'd have to have a major role and pronto to get caught up in that world.  Why would I want to? Why would I care? It's not that I'm clamoring for the paparazzi to be chasing me around nor do I want my privacy completely invaded but I do want to get out of Ohio and I want to work with the best in the business.  OK, I'll say no more of that but let's just say that while I could do my own tearful Oscar acceptance speech thanking everyone who touched A to Z, I would still want the whole world to know about it.  That's just me.  Also me is the girl who will be writing the thanks to the Silkwood scene.  Coming soon at a computer near you.

Oh and Meryl Streep wasn't up for an award this year which I felt was untimely considering the A to Z thing but I can be self absorbed, can't I?

1 comments:

Spencer Jay Kim said...

It was rather inconsiderate of her to not get a nomination this year when she knew how it could have boosted the profile of A to Z...she can be so mean.