" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Valentine's Day booty!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day booty!

That's what the pirates call their loot right?  Gosh, I sure hope so or my title is wildly inappropriate. Anyway, yesterday was a beautiful day.  When I made Valentine's Day the start and finish of my project I did it because I it was a project about my love of acting.  I never thought for one moment about the celebration that would occur one year later.  It was all a huge surprise, from the 3 cards I got in the mail on Friday to the 12 more on Saturday to the 3 flower deliveries, several more cards, and chocolates yesterday and even 3 more deliveries waiting for me at a local florist today!  Can you believe it?  Well, maybe you can because maybe you were one of the sweeties who sent something but I was and still am in shock!  Since my blog is read by few and the scenes are seen but who knows who, I just thought maybe everyone got bored with it or the novelty had worn off and no one was paying much attention to the big finish.  I couldn't have been more wrong.

So what does one do the day after it's all done?  Tie up loose ends and start the marketing plan is what I'm thinking.  I have many thank yous to write for the sweets Valentine's Day wishes and I do still have to show off The Bridges of Madison County and Julie and Julia.  People are really loving those scenes and so am I.  It's all very exciting.  I want to have an awards show complete with Best dramatic actor in a leading role to best cinematography.  I really do.  If I can get it together I may throw a huge cast party in about a month and do a little awards ceremony.  I'd have people vote on the winners so that onus wasn't on me.  It might take some time to craft but I want to recognize people for their wonderful work because there was so much of it.

Then there's the marketing.  Contacting Ellen, Meryl's people, Letterman, etc.  I will be doing that while thinking of my next move and it will not be a freebie. I will make money and so will my cast and crew so it has to be well thought out and brilliant.  I am taking ideas from all. If you have one, text, email, call, post or send a carrier pigeon.

My general mood today is one of pure excitement.  I have no letters hanging over my head but I can see glimmers of something really great in my future.  Whew, that's a relief.  I guess it's all because of Meryl Streep and my A to Z project.  It was a project that some thought was crazy but it meant and means the world to this crazy girl.  Stick with me.  There's more to come.  You haven't seen the last of Nancy T.

0 comments: