" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Today's the day?

Monday, March 28, 2011

Today's the day?

I'm supposed to receive the package today.  This will mean a flurry of events that has my writer in high gear, the client approval flowing my way and a great visit to the studio.  It feels like a long time coming but I'll be happy to get at it once and for all.  Actually more than once but definitely for all.

I went to the Cleveland International Film Festival this weekend.  I saw the Ohio shorts.  Wow, very interesting.  Some made me laugh.  Some made me cry.  A couple made me wonder why or what they were thinking.  I was glad I went and hope to get to see more soon.  It's complete chaos there but worth the weeding through the crowds to see the films.  It's also a great place to network if you're not running to your next place.

I was also part of a table read for a screenplay that I will probably not be in because they need a star for the one female role and all of the other parts are for Irish women.  I can do a little irish brogue but I don't really look Irish per se.  Remember me trying to look like Molly for Marvin's Room?  Yes, that was a stretch!

Speaking of stretch, we're coming around to the home stretch.  I must write my thanks for the Y and Z scenes and call it a day.  Not sure what I'd blog about since the marketing has yet to begin and I'm all tied up with other responsibilities for now.  Should I continue to write?  Is anyone reading besides a few from my family?  Hmm.  Not sure.

0 comments: