" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Making Plans

Friday, April 8, 2011

Making Plans

Today I am all planny mcplannerson.  There are so many things to prepare for that of all times, now is the best time to be way organized. The first half of my big project for the amusement park is complete and the client is thrilled.  WHEW!  The second half is underway.  We are having a pre-production meeting and my scope for leading an army continues to grow.  Back in the A to Z days I was in charge but the goal was to give people as much freedom as possible to creatively express themselves.  Now, however, I'm "the boss" and that's in quotes because I'm kind of a pushover.  I have a hard time saying I need this now or this is when the meeting will be.  I can't even put those two phrases in quotes because I'm quite sure I haven't said those things at all.  The best I can say is after we wrote the radio spots, Joe the writer asked, "when do you need the TV?"  I said, "immediately" and then I ran out of his house.  What a wimp.  He was sure to follow me out the door and call me a jerk ... lol.  Oh well, I'll learn.

I can honestly say that now I've produced the entire A to Z love project plus 4 radio commercials.  Very soon I will be able to add two TV commercials to that list and although I'm not looking to start a new career, I do appreciate the hard work involved in producing.  I've always respected my directors and producers but never quite knew exactly what their jobs entailed.  I have that insight now and I appreciate all they do.

OK, I better get my buns in gear.  I have much to do.  My Mama needs a new employee to help with her business and I'm way too swamped to be that employee but I want to help her find someone.  Have a great day!

0 comments: