" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: A Cry in the Dark

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Cry in the Dark

Somehow the name of this film could very well be me in just a few months from now.  I realize I am undertaking such a gargantuan ordeal that if i think too far ahead, I can get overwhelmed.  So, one movie at a time ... except for now when I'm watching all of them as fast as possible. 

The answer is, yes, the baby was eaten by a dingo.  What an awful story and it's a true one.  I'm working on the australian accent.  It's like an English dialect with a dash of a unique vowel sound.  Hmm, will take some practice to sound truly authentic.  I'm a stickler about that one.  I was once told that you should not claim to have mastered a dialect until you can easily read 16 pages without slipping out of it.  I'm not there yet.  I'm at about 3 pages maximum.  It's just not an accent I've ever been called to do and put another shrimp on the barbie does not count. 

I'm at my Mom's right now and will go home later to watch Lions for lambs, if I'm not too tired.  Quirky Nancy fact:  I barely ever watched movies with an animal in the title. Don't ask why.  Deer Hunter, Silence of the Lambs, Dances with Wolves... all unseen by me.  Comment at will.  I know it's strange but hey, it's just me and if it makes you feel better, I did see the Disney version of The Lion King.

0 comments: