" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Frankly, I think the Kramers could have worked it out

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Frankly, I think the Kramers could have worked it out

Just watched Kramer vs. Kramer, in case you couldn't tell by the title of this post.  I originally saw this movie way back when, and then read the book! Why I was so intrigued by this divorce story when I was young, I have no idea but my feelings have not changed one bit.  This could mean I have the mentality of a child or that I just feel strongly about the Mother/Child bond... hmm, the jury's out on that one, no pun intended.

As a kid I thought that a Mom leaving her child behind was reprehensible.  Now, of course, I know that she felt mentally incapable of being a good parent under those circumstances so she did what she felt she had to do.  Still, I just don't personally have it in me to take that route but well, my feelings are the same as when I was a kid... I'll just leave it at that. 

I've looked at the entire film and watched the documentary, on the DVD, that explains so much of the process.  I've taken to watching all of the extras and especially the commentaries if Meryl is a contributor.
So, after watching The Hours last night, I awoke and immediately watched the commentary of that film prior to seeing the Kramers battle it out.  As a side note, could that kid be any cuter?  I don't think so.  Get the DVD and watch the documentary to learn about what they did to get him to deliver his brilliant performance.  What a story ... incredible.

0 comments: