" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Meryl, Meryl, Meryl ... she's everywhere

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meryl, Meryl, Meryl ... she's everywhere

Just received a text from a friend on the subway in NYC. It was a picture of a Meryl poster. I am watching Juno, yet again, and I looked at IMDB to see what awards it won. In reading about the star of the film, Ellen Page, I see her one of her fav's is Meryl. I listened to some audio clips of Lindy, the woman whose baby was eaten by a dingo in real life. Her audio sounds exactly like Meryl played her in the movie, A Cry in the Dark. I also finished watching the series on Meryl's best interviews (13 segments on youtube) and have learned even more about her. It's all Meryl, all the time.

There's a part of her that makes me think she might not like me until she got to know me. On the surface I'm a bit of all things she hates, down to my clothing size and my love of fashion. Still, I think our senses of humor would connect and I do hope one day to meet her. When Julie Powell was writing her blog about Julia Child, the famous Child was quite old but Meryl is still young and kickin so it could happen.

Here's how I see it going down. My blog, videos, website will blow up. Ellen DeGeneres will get wind of it. She will have me on her show and ask one of those nonchalant questions like, "have you ever seen Meryl close up or met her personally?" and then Meryl will come out around a wall and I will be a crying sap for way too long. Don't you want to see that happen? I do, oh so much. If you have any Ellen or Meryl connections, it goes without saying that I would want you to pass my info along, and yet I'm saying it.

OK, back to Lindy and Before and After. I keep rotating the two scripts. Gotta learn those lines!

0 comments: