" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: I heard from WHO?

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I heard from WHO?

Today, I noticed one post on my blog about getting it "out there" more. It was all about advertising. You see, there are several sites that can promote your blog for you and get more hits, or at least that's the promise. Well, I'm here to tell you that it seems more likely that all of the other stuff I've been doing has brought more success. Stuff like posting on the Baldwin Wallace College mass email or constant updates on facebook, twitter, linkedin and even random visits to the Meryl Streep Forum seem to be grabbing some new readers. Is it enough? Never! All of these blog catalogs and search engines don't seem to be working much at all. My sister, Jennifer, suggested I contact BW, where I'm am an adjunct faculty member and look for a PR major. I could offer that student the job of constantly getting me on the radio, in the papers and on TV in exchange for class credit. I can't forget to see if that's possible. That's a darn good idea and boy do I need the help! The advertisement for each scene takes as much effort as the actual prep work for the scene! Good thinking, Jenny!

Then I heard from a Casting Director in LA today. She was from AB casting and left a message saying that the owner, Joe Guinan, had my business card and would like me to come in to give them my materials for possible bookings. This sounded extremely random to me, so I looked it up. They seem to be a business that tries to get unknowns work. Hmm, this isn't exactly what I'm shooting for and smells like a hoax so I'll just chalk it up to the idea that I will be getting more and more calls, emails and texts like that in the future and they will be legitimate and truly exciting. Heck, I'm even excited about a random contact from someone who isn't on the up and up. Everyone has to start somewhere!

I also heard from my old friend, Scott Gamble. Scott just won an academy award for doing the makeup in the recent Star Trek movie which was a huge hit! Scott used to do my makeup years ago when I worked with a murder mystery company, which by the way is also where I met Jeff Blanchard. Anyway, I had contacted Scott to do my makeup for the "E" scene, where I need to age about 25 years. After a lengthy discussion, it was determined that he's way too in demand, however, it was wonderful to catch up with him. If I win the lottery, maybe I could sway him to help me out here and there. I guess that means I better play. Anyone have lucky numbers to throw my way?

Monday promises to be a great day too. I have an interview at Baldwin Wallace College for the school newspaper. Jeff mentioned me coming on his radio show that morning too. I hope he didn't forget and he really means it because then I'd have one day dedicated to "press" and that sort of thing excites me! Let's face it, it all makes me happy.

OK, I'm going to go to facebook now and update every social networking site that I can find. I hope you are all still reading and I'm not boring you to tears.

2 comments:

mrs b said...

we are still here!!! you go girl!

Nancy T said...

Donna, you're a doll baby! Can't wait to see your red hair. Heck, I would be happy to see any of your hair since I've never seen you! That sounded awful, but you get it. Hey, ask Jeffery if I'm still going on the show on Monday.