" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Fun party and now it's time to work

Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun party and now it's time to work

The party for the film, Lilith was so fun!  It was wonderful to see the cast and crew again.  They are truly great people.  I got more than a moment to speak with both the Director and Directory of Photography separately and they said the kindest things.  I went to the party hoping to let them know just how blessed I was to work with them and how much I enjoyed the entire process but I never expected the wonderful words they would share.  If an actor could write a script of how these conversations would go, I could never have penned them so perfectly.  What I mean to say is it's like every hope I could have of their impression of my work and me was realized and exceeded.  It was a love fest.  I loved their work and they loved mine and no one was shy about expressing it.  I felt great.  Every set should have people like these on it.

The H scene is peeking it's head out at me and I feel like I just wrapped the G scene.  I'll bet Devon feels that way too.  Maybe that's why I haven't heard from him lately... Nancy T overload!  I can't blame him.  We do spend practically a whole day together when we shoot and edit these things and they are some long hours.  Well, I want to get back on schedule soon so we need to solidify the location.  The more I think about it, the more I want a different kitchen with an island to shoot in and I'd like it to be in the Lakewood area of Ohio so it's close to where we edit.  I've decided to get super specific with my wants so that I stand a chance of getting them.  Also, after hearing from my H actor, he said he can shoot two days this week and both days would be after 4 PM.  That's a little different than what Devon and I usually do.  We like to shoot around 1 and wrap by 4 so that we can begin editing and get out by midnight if at all possible.  It makes for a long day but at least it's one day, ya know?  The actor for the H scene even said if  I wanted to recast the role, he wouldn't be hurt, realizing these were odd hours.  If I knew someone else who could learn the scene that quickly and do a great job, I might consider it.  Hmm, just not sure.  The I scene is a monologue and there's a part of me that likes the idea of only syncing up myself and crew for that one.  That will be a big whew.  We are aiming for Wednesday or Thursday of this week for H, so it needs to come together in a hurry.  It's time for me to begin the hustle again.  I think the warm sunshine has gotten to me and made me a bit lazy.  I'll get it back though.  It always works in the end.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Hey, what about that lady who you baby sat her home for awhile? Does she have a kitchen with an island?