" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Needing a few more hours a day

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Needing a few more hours a day

You know me and sleep. I like, say it with me now, 8 to 10 hours. If I get at least 8 then work 12 but spend another 3 hours getting ready and traveling to work that equals 23. So that means I have one hour to learn lines, talk to my daughter, breathe etc. What's been happening is I'm taking more than an hour so guess what I get less of... Sleep!  I think I could have handled this slightly better had I not shot f and edited it the two days before this marathon. I wasn't expecting 12 hour days.

This isn't me complaining rather noticing how hectic it can all be. When I did tradeshow work it was always easier if I were out of town versus being home and handling both life and work. So my next film needs to be on location where that's all I do and the hotel needs to be right next to the shoot and the car needs to pick me up with champagne in it. I won't drink it but I think that would be cool. Gotta put it out there ya know!

0 comments: