" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: The Process of Elimination

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Process of Elimination

Sometimes figuring out what you want to do can only be achieved by exhausting all that you do not want.  That's been my approach to the G scene.  Is it a good approach?  Heck to the no.  I've had such clarity with each and every scene that to be unsure to this extent is actually disturbing.  Still, it's just the way it has had to be obviously, because that's what's going down.

Here's what I know for sure.  I will not do The Bridges of Madison County for the G scene as originally planned.  I have not worked on the accent enough and the placement of that intense scene needs to be perfect in my year.  Now is not the time for it.  I also know I would LOVE to do the scene from Prime that I selected but I'm starting to think there's no one in Cleveland to act opposite me.  It was suggested by about 6 different people, that I act out both roles in the scene but I have a bad feeling about it so I'm not going there.  I also know that choosing another "wild card" scene from my list to be the G scene is not a workable option.  So what am I left with for now?  I could do a double header at the end of the month, G and H which would allow me to choose any darn scene I want and have the prep time for it. Or I could do an animated scene from one of Meryl's films.  That would be a voice over utilizing the original onscreen images, a palate cleanser if you know what I mean.  Since I know what I'm doing for H, I, J and K and I know the level of intensity of those scenes, animation could be great.  It will only be wonderful if it's the perfect scene from the perfect animated film of Meryl's.  So is it a double header?  Is it animation?

I'm watching "The Ant Bully" right now to see if there's a good scene in there.  Meryl played the Queen of the Ants in that film and it could be interesting. We'll see.  I'm pretty sure her role in The Fantastic Mr. Fox is a more to my liking but I actually don't know that much about any of it.

I'm hoping to record or shoot whatever this Monday and be done with the G scene, unless I hear from Devon that Monday is not a good day.  If I do animation the recording of the voices will be at The Reel Thing with The Jimmy.  Then the editing and finishing touches would be with Devon. Jimmy is ready to go and so willing to help.  I'm very blessed to have people like that all around me during this year.

By the way, as I reread this post, I see that it's a snoozer.  I'm sorry to be so boring.  Once I make the actual decision about G my posts will be less holding pattern and more interesting, I hope ... sheesh, sawry.

0 comments: