" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Something's Cooking in the Kitchen

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Something's Cooking in the Kitchen


Wow, it's either feast or famine.  So much to do and just the right amount of time to do it, or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Today Mike Kraft found me the perfect location for the H scene. It's official.  It's a kitchen with an island!  Yippee!  That's just what I wanted.  The shoot date is Tuesday and as long as Devon says yes to the start time, we're all set.  Now all I need is some food for the set.  In the scene, I have to be cooking like I'm preparing for a large party.  So the food needs to look plentiful but I really don't want to actually cook a million things therefore I must be visually creative.  I'm open to suggestions.

I also heard from my friend, Chuck who will be directing the I scene and he's already talking dates for that shoot!  He has a DP lined up so it looks like Devon will get a break.  He also believes he has a location for that shoot.  Can you say wonderful?  So, all I need is to figure out my costume and get a makeup artist.  I have to look like a run down homeless woman, as opposed to a posh, upper class homeless person ... sheesh.  Anyway, it's looking like we'll be back on track for the I scene which will get me in line for J and I've even already had discussions about that!  I'm either getting way ahead of myself or trying my best to avoid future catastrophe.

What else?  Well, tomorrow I have to go to Pittsburgh for an on camera industrial audition.  It's potentially several days of work so well worth my while.  I also just heard from a client that I've been working with who now is considering me as their "face" of their campaign.  My web designer, Terri, just emailed me the necessary video for the "audition" and we'll see what that gets me.  I learned too that another client that I did a ton of work for in November and December probably won't be using me anymore because they didn't like the additional studio costs for using me.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.  I guess I'll truly worry when the client doesn't want to use me anymore because they think I suck.  That will be a bad day. 

So, that's it for now and my Mom has been calling me because she made me some food and doesn't want it to spoil.  Hope it can hold until Friday because I don't think I can make it tomorrow.

0 comments: