" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Special Thanks and Credits for the "G" Scene

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Special Thanks and Credits for the "G" Scene

Wow, I'm almost about to shoot the H scene and I have yet to formally blog my thanks to and for all who helped with the G scene.

Jimmy Silver was the Director/ Studio Engineer for our recording. He brought Mike and I into his studio, which has been in business for more than 35 years, and patiently waited until we could get our mouths to move at the pace of those darn foxes! Jimmy converted all of the sound files and put those, along with our own sound effects onto a CD for Devon. Jimmy has been a help to me in many ways throughout this project but I was very excited to have him on board utilizing his expertise ... sound. To use his studio for your next recording project, see the details under location.

Devon Collins was called in for the editing of this animated project. Funny part was he took the pieces given to him, however incomplete they were, and created a brilliant scene. He selected the music and spent time working on synchronizing words with animal expressions and mouth movements. I am thrilled to have him on my team. To hire him, you can email him at devon@stimulifilm.com and see more of his work at http://vimeo.com/stimuli.

Mike Kraft was Mr. Fox and was he fantastic, or what? I sure thought so. Like the pro that he is, Mikey swooped in, played his part and did it in minimal time. His read for the fox was fabulous. If you would like Mike to bring that perfection to your set, you may contact him for a booking at mikekraft@wideopenwest.com or go to his website at mikekraft.net.

The location for recording was The Reel Thing. The studio has been in business for way longer than I've been recording voice overs. Recently The Reel Thing has been welcoming musicians to the fold and has provided a home to many newly signed artists. To contact The Reel Thing for your next recording project whether it is a voice over or a musical piece, call 216-391-3029 or email at info@thereelthing.com

Terri Negron is my tech support. She does all of the design for my blog. She posts everything to the many sites that I haunt including my website, facebook, twitter, youtube, linkedin and even a Meryl Forum. Terri provided me with a brand image and created business cards and posters for A to Z with Meryl and Me. She is a gem beyond your imagination. If you want it done well, right and fast contact Terri at terri@fengshui5.com

Special thanks also go to my daughter who saw me slowly unraveling over this G scene. Very soon you'll know why I chose the word unraveling, it's a clue. Anyway, Cassie was sweet enough to watch more than one animated film with me and even did her best to keep me focused and help me choose a scene. This scene, as you know if you've been keeping up, was quite difficult but Cassie helped make it easier on her Mama. I love her for that. Oh, by the way, don't tell her I told you but she's going to be playing my daughter in A Prairie Home Companion. Won't that be cool?!

0 comments: