" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Tummy issues but otherwise fine

Monday, May 17, 2010

Tummy issues but otherwise fine

Today we recorded the G scene.  It's a great moment from The Fantastic Mr. Fox.  Mike Kraft met me at The Reel Thing and we knocked it out in no time.  He's the perfect character for such a character.  It will be great once it all comes together.  Jimmy recorded all of our vocals and prepared the files for Devon so they can be matched up to the original animated images.  Next step is to wait to hear from Devon so we can get this baby synced up and tack on the ending credits. 

So why does my stomach hurt?  Well, I can only guess.  The fact that I changed my mind about 6 times for this scene might be one reason.  Perhaps the reality that although I've been working a ton, no one has paid me is also taxing.  I'm definitely getting enough rest but have been a little lax with the food so that's probably not the best thing for me.  It's just this underlying worry.  Then I ask myself what would feel better?  A big fat check in the mail so I could pay some bills and breathe a bit would be nice.  A day at River Therapeutic Massage with an appointment with my dear friend, Diane would be wonderful.  A calm meal out in a restaurant would be fabulous.  Does it sound like I need some pampering?  Here's the funny thing.  Yesterday, I visited with my friend, Diane, who said that she saw a greeting card that made her think of me.  It read, so much to do, so few people to do it for me.  Can you imagine?  She said I have a knack for finding people to do things for me.  I laughed hard and then seriously thought about that.  Yes, I am lucky in that way from time to time and yet I would love to be picked up, carted off to a restaurant and a spa treatment and treated to a nice nap, after buying a new dress.  Is that too much to ask?  Probably, but apparently I'm great at procuring such things.  So, here's to me, a girl can dream.

0 comments: