" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: fixing my tech problems ... all by myself!

Friday, June 11, 2010

fixing my tech problems ... all by myself!

Today I spoke with a Flip camera customer service representative and after about 20 minutes learned the following:

1.  I do not have the version of the camera that can be plugged into a computer for recharging
2.  I will never get those hours back that I spent plugging my camera into my computer
3.  I must purchase rechargeable batteries and a charger for this version of the flip
4.  I never had rechargeable batteries to begin with so I will silly for trying to recharge it
5.  The camera issues will all be solved by these two purchases that can be found at Target
6.  I could have solved all of this with a simple phone call
7.  I still didn't like making the phone call because the guy was getting on my nerves

Wireless internet is what I will tackle next.  I'm trying to avoid using both AT&T and Time Warner because their customer service is abominable.  After reading the above, we all know I need good customer service. 

Now let's talk blackberry.  My scroller won't go down, only up and sideways.  What does this mean?  I can no longer get online with my phone.  I cannot send texts, only reply to them.  I cannot easily dial someone with a touch of a button.  I have to dial each number.  Why would I care?  I spend lots of time on the phone and use it for everything so to have it not working properly is a big hitch in my plans.  I'm not ready for a phone upgrade and haven't had this phone very long. 

So, bottom line, I've been in a poopy mood lately.  Computer, camera and phone issues all at once, for me, isn't the best of scenarios.  I'm tackling it all today ... I think... well, I hope... probably... if I get around to it.

1 comments:

Nancy T said...

which by the way means my every move to get in touch with Meryl is way more difficult!