" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: test driving a new computer

Friday, June 4, 2010

test driving a new computer

Well, it's long overdue that I have a computer that I can use at home so I'm test typing this one and so far, so good. 

I was contacted today by my agent regarding a film audition.  I was very excited and then I saw the character.  The role is for a woman police officer.  Well, I got the woman part down anyway.  Here's my theory and please let me know your thoughts too.  I think that if they are going to cast a person for a role where they don't even have a character name just a description and then the person only says one or two things, that "they" will want someone who stereotypically looks like the role.  I mean, why draw attention to a nothing character?  Do I think people view me as the female cop?  Um, no.  Could I act like a cop?  Sure.  Is it likely I'll get cast?  Hmm, don't think so but I have to read the script on this computer instead of squinting at a tiny script on my blackberry.  I will keep you posted. 

Perhaps I'll make a dent in my flooredrobe too.  This laundry is out of control.  Oh, on the A to Z front today, I got the script for the L scene and by the end of tomorrow I need to secure the location for the I scene... the pressures on.  We want to shoot on Tuesday ... yikes!

2 comments:

Terri said...

YIPPEE! A new computer. nice. Hope it works out for u! Cheers to that and maybe to charging your flip camera?

Terri said...

Congrats too on the possible cop role.. nice again. more power to you.