" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: some thoughts, hopes, etc

Friday, June 4, 2010

some thoughts, hopes, etc

I got a call from The Jimmy tonight.  He had a suggestion that I should add more videos to my project, blog, world.  I have been wanting to do that and since I have this wonderful easy to use, beautiful new, flip camera, it should have been simple.  The only thing is it must be charged in a laptop, unless you have a separate charger, which I do not.  When I've had a laptop in the past, it did not charge properly even though I left it in for the necessary 6 hours and would die as soon as I turned it on ... I assumed it was user error.  So, I've been really aching to use it.  I want it first and foremost to rehearse my scenes and get ideas for how I want to perform them on camera and second to update people in more than one way.  I've even considered posting an audio blog every now and then because it might be fun to listen to the stream of consciousness vs. read it.  So, Jimmy had an idea that I've been pondering for some time now.  Still, I have a long list of things to do and all the advertising in the world won't be good if the quality of the "product" isn't just right.  I consider the scenes my first priority and so much go into them.  Then I try to put them out there as best as I can.  I really need to hook up with that PR person soon, so I'm not completely on my own.  To do PR, casting, rehearsing, finding a location, scheduling, blogging, wardrobe and makeup is a bit much for one girl.  I think I'm handling it pretty fine.  Thank goodness for my core team: Terri, Devon and Jimmy.  I don't know what I'd do without them!

1 comments:

Terri said...

Hey Nancy, me thinks that maybe when you plugged in your flip camera is wasn't plugged in all the way and that is why it never charged. You can always buy an extension cord so its easier to use? Just a thought.