" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Skipped a day and what a day it was!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Skipped a day and what a day it was!

Yesterday's shoot can be described with one word, wow!

The costumes, the makeup, the location, cast and crew .... fantabulous.  Wait until you see the pics ... hilarious.  Henry, the dog, was even wonderful.  I really had a lot of peeps to wrangle and was pretty uptight about it.  It wasn't my location per se, more of a loaner from Toni Cervino and I really wanted to be respectful of this house and the people in it but honestly, they were so gracious.  In spite of the fact that they did NOT get any heads up from me for half of the goings on, they rolled with the punches ... no complaints.  I forgot that the kids would have their Mom with them, and my makeup artist would be there, and my product placement person would be there but thank goodness they were because they picked up and jumped in as production assistants.  When you're working with food, drink and a larger cast, that is very necessary.  I also didn't anticipate we would have to use their kitchen to warm the soup ...  yikes, lots I didn't think of but to be truly honest, I was really planning on feeding everyone cold soup and call it a day.  Guess this was much more civilized.

Today I have an audition and editing for this scene.  It's going to be wonderful and I'm planning the T scene too.  I think I'll throw Heartburn in there to make it easy on myself ... and I get to be pregnant in that scene.  Must say I love the physical transformations soooooooooo much.  I bet Meryl Streep loves that part too.  She always looks so different for each role.  I wonder when I'll get to chat with her about that.  Hmmm.

0 comments: