" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Back to school watching films!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Back to school watching films!

I told you I had a big weekend and you probably said, you only did two things but yesterday I went to Beachwood High School to judge a young filmmakers competition.  They were all short films and there was some real talent there.  I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

So what about today?  I need to schedule my next shoots.  I have been holding back asking for dates because I haven't heard from all of my Director's of Photography and I don't want to call an actor and then say and by the way, can you shoot tomorrow?  Still, I'm feeling very behind and I must get caught up.  Jay has offered to once again come in town just to shoot a scene but I really hate asking him to do that.  That's a long drive and I might be projecting here, but it really is exhausting!  Oh well, it will all come together I'm sure.

On a completely unrelated note, as I've been browsing through status updates on Facebook there's one that seems to be catching on and it's about Feng Shui.  Apparently, there are five Fridays, and five Sundays or something like that, in the month of July this year and that is extremely rare.  So, they tell me that if I change my status update to reflect that a huge bag of money will come my way within four days which seems wrong since four is not a good number in Feng Shui at all.  Did I crack the code? Who knows but I wrote my own version and although the first time I accidentally put ate instead of are and piss instead of miss, I still had my own twist on it.  I have to say I'm not a huge fan of someone telling me what to write in my status update or anywhere else for that matter, unless of course I'm getting paid to write it.  So, for the record, google Feng Shui and the month of July for 2011 and see what you read.  I wish abundance to you all.  May you be as abundant as Meryl Streep herself who has many movies coming up, philanthropies, a loving family and incredible talent!

0 comments: