" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Checklists and Decisions Galore!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Checklists and Decisions Galore!

As you know, there has been very little news on the A to Z shooting front.  It's been forever since I did a shoot for my project and I'm getting itchy.  What does that mean anyway?  A person wants something really bad so they therefore develop a rash?  Hmm, might have to google that later.  Someday I may write a blog about my love of google.  What would I do without it?

Back to work.  That's where I'm going.  Wednesday, yes tomorrow, I will be shooting the Marvin's Room scene with Molly playing my sister.  We have the location.  I just need to decide how I will look.  I also need to provide Molly with a wig, since her character has cancer.  So, since we look nothing alike, I must determine how much I'm going to correct that or if I will simply let the audience believe I look like Mom and she looks like Dad.  I haven't decided wardrobe, hair or anything.  My character is a hair dresser who doesn't make a lot of money.  Still, there is a look that hair dressers have, you know?  So, I'm considering this one wig I have that will lighten my look up a bit to match Molly and it has streaks.  It's hard to find a hair dresser that hasn't experimented with color.  Then there's the Thursday shoot.  Didn't I tell you I was itchy?  Thursday we will be shooting the Silkwood scene.  Bobby Thomas and Mike Misiak will be in that scene with me and Mike is looking into getting the wardrobe for it.  I am attempting to grab two extras for the scene as well to create the background look. The scene will be shot outside ... gosh I hope it's not too cold.  That wouldn't do.  Oh no, I just looked out the window. There's SNOW.  Our scene on Thursday needs to be in Oklahoma.  We need somewhere flat with no snow.  Well, the good thing about Cleveland is every suburb has it's own weather so perhaps there will be a dry spot for that day.  I'm gonna freeze my tookus off.  I heard if you suck on ice when outside you can't see your breath.  Yikes.  I just got very worried about that shoot.  Additionally, I must decide how to wear my hair.  It's between two looks.  The good news is I resemble Karen Silkwood more than Meryl Streep does so the transformation shouldn't be too tough.  She had high cheekbones and her hair and eye color were the same as mine.  She got very thin before her death so I will simply not eat until the shoot .... just kidding!  Except, Wednesday will be a fast for me so that is partially true.

OK, gotta keep planning.  I will let you know how it all goes ... oh, you know I will!

0 comments: