" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Making a call today

Monday, January 17, 2011

Making a call today

Got 9 hours sleep last night so let's just get that out of the way.  And thank goodness too.

A little background.  As you know, I'm preparing for the x installment which will be from the movie, Music of the Heart. I selected a scene that includes an entire classroom of violin students and another part with two adults.  The adults are easily cast and even finding the room for that part of the scene will be fairly simple but the class of students who are around 8-12, not so easy.  I know someone who happens to conduct a youth symphony.  There's just one thing.  I think she might hate or strongly dislike me.  Years ago, I'm talking 1995, I dated a guy named Joe.  Joe is very talented and is extremely intelligent but we made the worst couple.  I was bad for him and he was bad for me.  My friends and family did not want me to see him and vice versa.  Well, this conductor is one of Joe's friends.  Now, one would hope that this many years later she doesn't still see me as the anti-Christ and she realizes that I no longer pose a threat to Joe's existence but you just never know.  Besides the fact that I was so bad for Joe I also think she didn't much like how I roll.  I might be a little too bubble gummy for her. SO, with all that said, I'm going to call her like none of that ever happened.  I'm going to simply talk business and see if she has a classroom full of kids who might be able to do this and I'm going to impress upon her that we can showcase them at the end while the credits roll.  WISH ME LUCK!

My other option is to contact Meryl Streep and have her make the call for me.  No one can say no to Meryl!

0 comments: