" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Out for the night and in for the day

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Out for the night and in for the day

Last night I went to see Jonny and His Dad and got to visit with some of my family and friends.  It was a  wonderful time right down to the awesome cookies!  Today, I need to hunker down or is bunker down or is it get off my butt?  Oh my ... semantics, anyway, I must get all three scenes organized for my big finale.  I think I've decided one thing so far.  It's Complicated will not be the final scene.  Although it is Meryl's most recent film and there was some coolness to that fact, the scene I've selected is cute and fun but not the big finale I was hoping for so I'm gonna do my last switcheroo in A to Z with Meryl and Me.  I'm going to make It's Complicated the X scene.  Bridges of Madison County will be the Y scene and this will buy me more time for Music of the Heart to be the Z scene, especially since getting a group of violin students has proven to be kinda arduous.

Meanwhile, I need to also write some thank you's for previous scenes.  I'm almost ready to post the She Devil thanks and then it's on to thank the rest of the the alphabet.  I feel so very Sesame Street in saying that but yep, I'm grateful for all of the letters!  You know what I think is funny?  The word grateful is spelled like grate as in grating cheese or grating nerves when the spelling greatful would be more like the actual word because when we're thankful it's great, isn't it?  Well, for years I think I did misspell it that way but I stand by my logic then and now.  Um, nothing to do with Meryl Streep or A to Z or this blog, nope that didn't have anything to do with anything except er, um, well, I'm so grateful for everyone and everything.  Yep, that's why I said it.

Did I tell you that I was watching another Meryl Streep interview and I learned that Meryl's advice to all young actors is DO NOT READ blogs, or articles about you on the internet.  Her feeling is people can get too into studying themselves and that's the opposite of acting when truly one is supposed to be studying someone else.  She thinks too much self discovery works against the craft of acting.  Boy, I sure did paraphrase that but that's essentially her point and while I recognize of course there's some brilliance to it, I also see that means the odds of her EVER reading a word I've written about A to Z with Meryl and Me is highly unlikely.  How could I be watching an interview with Meryl Streep and take it to be a message directly designed for me?  It's easy.  All I had to do was live and breathe her for a year and like a cook who has imaginary conversations with the author of a cookbook, I too, think of talking with Streep and saying, "hey Mary Louse ... you don't mind me calling you that do ya?  How's Don?  The kids?  Staying out of trouble?"  Now I know, her response would be, "who are you?", oh crap!

0 comments: