" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Groceries, Long Talks and Thinking

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Groceries, Long Talks and Thinking

I broke down and spent some of my income on groceries. This should be no big deal but after a year of thinking of groceries as a luxury, I realized that I was using my pantry for storage and I had mayo in my fridge that was 5 years old, no exaggeration.  What can we learn from this?

1.  I don't like mayo, never have, only use it when I  make Tuna salad or Egg Salad type stuff.
2.  My tummy was NOT my focus for 12 months.
3.  One does not need a butt load of groceries to have a load of butt ... er, that didn't come out right but you know what I mean.  I didn't mind any concessions I made because I was doing what I love.  So now I've got a full pantry and fridge and am home all alone thinking do I really need all this crap?  I'd rather be filling up with on camera work or vo work and that's the truth!  zerbit.

Then I had a long talk or two with some of my team players for this Amusement park gig which isn't yet amusing but I'm sure will be. We sorted out expectations and I'm still working on my Mean Mommy routine.  I was taught a few years back about nexting. Ever hear of it?  It's when someone asks you something and rather than actually refusing to answer, you make it clear that you won't be answering with a gesture, a phrase, a look, as if to say NEXT.  Well, I've been nexting along my way for a couple of days now and I think I might add it to my repertoire in all of life.  Here I've been explaining ad nauseum my every move and to whom do I owe an explanation?  UM, NO ONE!  So, that's that.

Now onto my thinking ... my thinking ... my thinking ... that's how it's been going.  Today I thought isn't it amazing that during the summer 50 degrees is freezing and during the winter 50 degrees is balmy?  It's the same temperature but it has to do with expectations. Such is life.  A kind word from one person can mean very little but from the one you love most, it means the world.  It's the same word.  I could come up with 52 examples but you know what I'm saying.  So could we decide to just love 50 degrees no matter when it happens?  We could.  Could we decide to appreciate those kind words no matter who says them?  Yep.  Will we?  NOPE! lolololololol.  Ah, I should write for some psychiatric journal or metaphysical newsletter shouldn't I?  hee hheee heee.

0 comments: