" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Not what I thought

Friday, February 18, 2011

Not what I thought

It hasn't even been a week since the Y and Z scenes were aired and I'm already way deep into another adventure.  I do get to be on camera and radio but it's mostly a producing gig.  I am responsible for hiring all the players and managing them.  Basically, as I was told by veteran Manager, I need to surround myself with people who are smarter than me and who know how to do all that is involved.  My biggest task is to choose them appropriately and manage them.  Well, I've been managing to do a lot of crazy things over the past year.  I managed to get past the A scene, create a fake Meryl Streep interview and even sound like I was from Down Under.  I can do this.  If A to Z taught me nothing else, it is that I can do whatever I want as long as I dedicate myself.

Producing these 4 commercials is taking up my time but I still need to get a reel edited and begin sending samples of my work to agents, directors, casting directors and filmmakers.  I need feedback on what people think is my best of all the scenes.  It's hard to discern because so many other factors are involved.  I even ask myself do I like a particular scene because it's a tear jerker (O) or because it's a comedy (Q)or because of the other person's performance (L) or is it just all around beautiful (J) or because it was shot so cleverly (W)?  Sheesh, who knows what makes me think a scene is good but in this case it has to be about my acting, more than anything else.  I wouldn't pick a scene that had issues with lighting or sound but I do want something that showcases my best to edit together a reel.

Here's your assignment and I don't even know if any of you are still reading but can you tell me your top 5 favorite A to Z scenes?  Maybe I just need a second and third opinion.  Thanks!

1 comments:

Terri said...

My five favorite scenes in no particular order...

Julia, Lions for the Lamb, She Devil, Silkwood, Bridges of Madison County