" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Valentines Day - It's TODAY - someone pinch me

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day - It's TODAY - someone pinch me

Well, here I am at 5:30 in the morning after my final night of "less than" sleep due to my year long project, A to Z with Meryl and Me.  I fell asleep reading my own blog from over a year ago.  It was around January 29 when I first posted but I had already been working on things and watching movies to get the ball rolling prior to that.  I was so excited and couldn't see failure. I wrote with exuberance and I had NO IDEA what I was doing.  La la la, that's me skipping through a field of daisies ... la la trip la la stumble la la splat LA!  Ta DA!  Even very early on, there were snafus or unexpecteds we'll call them.  I just kept going.  If this had been another project, I might have stopped at the first one when the actor was a no show or the second one where I didn't have a DP until the very last minute BUT I didn't consider it, quitting I mean. It never entered my mind.  Melt down, depression, missing eyebrow, sleepless night, not one of these "ailments" made me think of forgoing the Z.

So now here we are.  Perhaps you've been reading all along. Maybe you're just now stumbling on A to Z.  I have more writing to do so I hope you'll stick with me.  There are more thanks and then there's the marketing which is a whole new learning curve.  As it is, this past year was like a year in film school so I've learned so much about producing, directing (although I didn't choose to do much of that), shooting, editing and thank goodness ... ACTING.  That was the point, ya know?  I wanted to learn accents or at least change my voice and I did.  There was Australian (C), I attempted to age the way my voice sounds (E), Sound like a rough bum (I), Minnesota accent (N), slightly Jewish or NY, very slight (Q), princess affectation (S), Southern (W), Italian (Y) and none other than Julia Child herself (Z).  Yes, that is the Valentine's Day surprise.  The final scene is from Julie and Julia, the movie that started it all.

I hope you love them. I hope you watch them.  I hope this year didn't feel arduous to you and that watching me wasn't too stressful.  Aside from  my many crazy moments there were also moments of pure bliss.  Remember my first time in the paper?  My picture was HUGE!  Or the interview with Jimmy?  That was hilarious. What about the M scene where we created an interview with Meryl herself?  It now has over 2000 views, the most of any scene!  Ah, the good old days.

Well, enough walking down memory lane.  Very soon, I will post the Y and Z scenes and soon thereafter, Terri will sprinkle fairy dust over my blog and you can see them too but for now, here's the link, not as pretty but with love.  http://www.youtube.com/nancytelzerow

I hope to be off now and have a beautiful day.  I guess that's all up to me.  Love to you and yes, I mean YOU.

1 comments:

Spencer Jay Kim said...

What you've done this past year is absolutely awe inspiring. Congratulations. I couldn't be more proud of you and what you've accomplished. I was honored to be a small part of this endeavor. All I have to ask is...WHAT'S NEXT??