" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: So I should have been writing all along

Friday, January 29, 2010

So I should have been writing all along


Imagine that you decide to do the biggest project you've ever dreamed of and you don't document everything as it happens!  That would be incredibly silly, wouldn't it?  Let's face it, it would be a lot of things beyond silly, but that is what has happened.  So, I will attempt to give you some highlights, although not chronological, of the past week. 

Since the project I've viewed the following films: Adaptation, Defending Your Life, Evening, Bridges of Madison County, Music of the Heart, and Prairie Home Companion.  Clearly there are so many more that I need to watch.  Two of them I saw on Youtube. The rest I have gotten from the Library because I'm truly making this a venture of love and creativity and it's not meant to make me more broke than I already am.

Also since my brilliant idea and I do think it's brilliant, by the way, I've spoken with Chuck Chubbuck, Devon Collins, Bob Stephanov, Spencer Jay Kim, Tony Nicholas, Kelly Sullivan Walden/Dana Walden, Cathy Albers, Julie Fogel.  They have all offered to be involved.  Some have offered to shoot, others edit, some provide music and act opposite me.  I have found 3 main reasons that people have jumped at the chance to get on board with this project.  They say they want to do it because they see the potential for cross promotion.  They want to be on board because they love the idea of an opportunity which allows for creativity, with fewer limits.  Finally, some have wanted to do this purely out of love.  They care about me.  They've seen me struggle the last couple of years.  They see my excitement and think it's infectious.  Truly, I have not had one person say that they were not interested yet.  Did I mention how blessed I am?

What began as an idea of me having my daughter hold a camera with no lighting or sound has turned into a huge project that will include all of that and original scores for the footage.  I'm setting up meetings to talk with make up artists, and art directors.  I'm looking into restaurants to provide food.  I want to at least offer that to the many who will be part of this.

You do realize that I have less than two weeks to watch all of the films, cast them all, find crews and locations for them all and rehearse the scenes.  OMG, what an endeavor.  I couldn't be more happy.

0 comments: