" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: all dressed up and no one to SHOOT it!

Friday, February 26, 2010

all dressed up and no one to SHOOT it!

I FINALLY heard from Dave, the "DP" for my next scene. He CANNOT do this one. He would be happy to be involved at a later date when things are less hectic for him. Of course, no one understands a crazy schedule more than I do right about now but I only wish I could have had this info last week when I was asking and inquiring and wondering and questioning ... and if this seems redundant it's because I was just that, repetitive. I certainly hope that I am not going to have one person bail per shoot because it tends to throw everything off.

NOW I'm faced with having to find someone else to shoot it on Monday and I have to put out emails, texts and phone messages to find someone all while working a 12.5 hour shift tomorrow and a 10 hour shift on Sunday. Good luck to me. Oh, and I'm not allowed to have my cell phone out during my shifts so only on breaks will I be able to check messages and hope for replies. There is nothing to reply to though at this point since I've contacted NO ONE. I don't even know who to call. I can't ask Jay because he is in the scene. I can't ask Devon because he will be out of town. I can't ask Kai because I'm pretty sure he's still in Haiti. I just met another DP the other night, Peter, but I don't want to ask him to jump in at the last minute because that's a horrible way to get a person involved in my project. I can only think of Andy, who mentioned he might be available. I'm not sure he has the proper equipment and again, such late notice is not how I like to do things. Worried does NOT begin to describe my mood.

2 comments:

Terri said...

bummer nancy. it's ok if you need to delay just so you can get the right person to shoot the scene. do u think next week it may be easier to find the right person?

Terri said...

another thought would be to ask Jay to shoot the scene and get a different actor to play opposite of you? would that be easier?