" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Meeting, rehearsal, shoot ... it's on!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Meeting, rehearsal, shoot ... it's on!

First of all I have to say I FINALLY watched Lions for Lambs.  This is a movie I have attempted to watch on at least 4 other occasions.  Here's the thing, as I was warned, it's not my cup of tea. It's a film that's very political and it's about war.  Despite the fact that once upon a time I was a poli sci major, I still recoil from films like that.  So, to say I'm proud of myself for just getting through it is putting it mildly.  I saw it, eventually got into it and even chose the scene.  Yippee!  It's about time.

Today I meet with Devon at 12:30. I wouldn't normally say what time the meeting is except he just texted me and confirmed ... whew.  I was supposed to rehearse with Jeff today but we rescheduled for tomorrow.  That means we're looking at a Friday or Saturday shoot.  I'm going to press for Friday so we have Saturday to edit.  Everyone, send good shoot thoughts this way so I get that day and we're on like Donkey Kong!

I'm almost done selecting all of the 26 scenes, by the way.  Nearly every actor I've approached has jumped at the chance to be involved.  It's all a thrill.  I have so much to do my head is spinning and I'm kicking myself for not completing the B and C credits video.  How lame is that?

Today I  must:

• mail wardrobe from Nissan event back to my agent
• get costumes for D scene
• write to future DPs about shooting scenes
• learn my lines for the D scene
• figure out EVERYTHING in the world

Is that too much to do? I sure hope not!  I'm going to need to get my new computer very soon so I don't go bizerk flying back and forth downtown.  I've literally been spending 8 hours a day at the studio, working on my project.  Thank goodness for other work coming my way so I can still eat while making my move to get on the Ellen Show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you post, choice look ahead for more interrelated articles promptly as its united of my choice topic to read.

Terri said...

It's amazing what taking the first step can do, huh? So proud, so very proud of you.