" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: When Jeff talks, for some reason, I listen!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When Jeff talks, for some reason, I listen!

I was supposed to rehearse with Jeff today but he's got a sinus infection and we rescheduled.  As I reread this post, I realize Jeff may not prefer that I share that information with you but isn't it funny that I did?  Jeff said something that really hit me.  It's funny because every now and then Jeff just says the right thing that makes me want to jump into action.  Bless his heart!  Today he said that he thinks Meryl probably already knows about A to Z.  Now, I have no idea why Jeff would think that and it truly has been my vision that she will know about this project before it's over BUT it hadn't dawned on me that she could know about it now.  Sure there's been some decent exposure, even some hits on my site from other countries, but I wasn't feeling like we were there just yet.  Jeff said he figures that she's waiting to see the popularity and will jump in when it's the best time for her in terms of press.  Truly, whether or not this is a fact, matters not to me.  It is just this kind of thinking that has me spring into PR mode or the creative zone or whatever you want to call it.  It gets me juiced! 

So I just found out who represents Meryl.  I now have the names of her team of agents and the name of her PR person, Leslee Dart.  I already wrote to Leslee.  I mean really, what's the harm?  I can't hope for one Scene Magazine article to do it all for me, can I?  I must get more press. 

Meanwhile, back at the farm, I think we've all decided that Monday is the actual shoot date and Wendall (location manager) will be the one to determine the call time so we all are on the same page.  Looks like Tuesday will be the day to edit.  It also means there's no way I can attend the AFTRA Annual Meeting on Monday.  Surprisingly, as I told both the Executive Director and President of AFTRA, they both understood.  It's nice to see others take The Love Project as seriously as I do. 

I am a lucky lucky girl.  I've said that many times.  You are lucky too!

3 comments:

Terri said...

I bet Leslee Dart writes back!

Nancy T said...

I'm looking forward to it, Terri!

mrs b said...

and you can bet that jeff loves it when you talk about him...he lets me keep a whole blog about him...i am very excited for you...