" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Looking for a full time job?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Looking for a full time job?

Today I spent 6 straight hours networking online. OK, so the hours weren't straight.  I took a phone call here and there and sent a text from time to time and perhaps took a breaky break BUT please ... 6 hours?!  That's a lot.  I plan to do more too.  Here's the situation.  I already went to my linkedin account and requested to be in several acting, entertainment groups.  Then, I will post like crazy on their conversations.  The groups I will find interesting will have thousands of members and only the conversations with the most posts will get my attention.  Next step, I will not only comment but I will post my blog and youtube links too!  OH my, can you feel the strangers coming my way?

I also worked with Terri, you know her, the internet angel and we began researching twitter accounts.  She found out who had the most traffic.  Now all I need is to get those people to follow me on twitter which by the way, means I need to be way more interesting.  Let's see, hmm, what could I say?  Should my tweets be cliff hangers?  Nancy has been working on a scene that will have you shaking in your boots.  You won't sleep at night and it's starring the famous... OR should my tweets be sweet ... Nancy loves all of her followers and wishes she could make tuna sandwiches for each and every one of them.  OR should my tweets be all advertisey, like ... Nancy Telzerow kicks Meryls butt in this scene, click here!  Who knows?!  All I know is I was told by as very reliable marketing source that they should be clever and frequently changed.  Now I just need to figure out when I'll change my tweets.  Will it be before my facebook or blog updates? Or will it be after my research?  Or should I tweet on my drive to Pittsburgh for another film audition?
Hmm... I guess I'll figure it out.

It's great to be busy and let me just say, if I were making money for doing all of this networking and research, I would be up for a raise!  If any of you have questions about maximizing the use of your facebook, twitter, linkedin accounts, let me know. Goodness knows I've got the information for ya!

0 comments: