" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Silkwood and blog hunting

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Silkwood and blog hunting

Of the 26 films in A to Z, Meryl played real people in the following movies: Adaptation, A Cry in the Dark, Music of the Heart, Postcards from the Edge (based on Carrie Fisher), Silkwood, Heartburn and Out of Africa. If you get the chance watch the video on youtube of Nora Ephron talking about getting Meryl to play you. It's hilarious. She highly recommends it.

I watched Silkwood last night. This true story wasn't completely foreign to me since I watched a documentary about Karen Silkwood in preparation. I would suggest that you watch it during the day. I thought it was scary. To think that the story was true was mind blowing. Karen Silkwood worked at a power plant and was exposed to Plutonium. I won't go into great detail about the movie but to imagine a person going through the testing and brutal showers only to find out they've been contaminated is beyond comprehension to me. I chose my scene and had to watch a fluffy comedy afterwards because I was so disturbed.

Today I spent much of my time looking at popular blog sites to see if I could embed my videos there. That wasn't my clever idea, by the way. I learned that through researching ways to get exposure. If you know of any blogs that you see have a large following and you find interesting, please comment or email me at ntorq@aol.com

Next step? I have to get my actor for the G scene and contact my actor for the F scene. I need to send them both clips and scripts and think of costuming etc. I really want this next one to be good. I always want that, don't I? I feel like so far we (my wonderful team of coworkers and friends) have done pretty well. I'm working on keeping that momentum alive. Woo hooooooo! Here we gooooooo!

0 comments: