" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Food maneuvers and the search for an apron

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Food maneuvers and the search for an apron

Each scene is like baking a pie. There are ingredients that all go together and must combine perfectly for it to be yummy. Well, I'm in the crust part of the H scene. I'm sure I know what the filling will be and even what temperature to bake it at but I have to have the perfect crust to make it scrumptious. Hmm, do I sound hungry or what?

Anyway, I've heard from my H actor and received his availability dates. I contacted Devon and mentioned what they are to see what works with his schedule. I have one date for a house where we can shoot, thanks to Wendall. Here's the thing, I think I may want a different location. I really want a kitchen that has an island for this scene. It will work so much better with the blocking. I also need an apron and I'll need an art department person to help me with the food stuff. Yep, the scene involves me baking and cooking for an upcoming party. Hey, maybe that's why I thought of a pie! Anyway, in the film, Meryl separated egg whites during this scene. She did it with her hands. I've never seen it done that way before. My Mom taught me to transfer the yolk from shell to shell but Meryl somehow disposed of the shell and did the transfer with her bare hands. Anyway, as cool as that was and magical too, I might add, I want to do something different for my kitchen task. I'm considering breaking the ends off of green beans or peeling potatoes. I really am open to any food suggestions you might have. I'm also open to any aprons you might have. Oh readers, what do ya think? Hmm?

The scene, by the way, is one I'm so excited to do. It's more demanding than my previous scenes and will show a different color than you've seen so far. I'm going to write to Wendall now to talk to him about another kitchen option with an island and continue to work on my lines for the scene. I've been rehearsing daily so that I'm all memorized and ready for action. This is soooo exciting!

0 comments: