" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Make a new plan, Stan

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Make a new plan, Stan

The G scene has me saying more than Gee, that's for sure.  Here's the deal, it's a wild card slot.  The movie that is supposed to go there is "The Bridges of Madison County" however, since I heard from my preferred G actor that he cannot do it at this time, I considered choosing another wild card from later in the year and shuffling the cards a bit.  My thought was to take "Postcards from the Edge" and slip it into this slot and put Bridges were Postcards was BUT my actress cannot work it out either.  Other films that are wild cards do not fit as nicely into the plan.  Then I wondered if there was a monologue I could slip into that position but the last monologue that I have scheduled is from Ironweed and that's for the I spot. SOOOO, it dawned on me that I could actually do one of the films that I originally selected but tossed out of the ring because they were animated instead!  What a different piece to throw in there, huh?  A voice over with the original animation and me doing the Meryl character seems like a great idea and nicely breaks up what I have coming soon at a computer near you.

Now, I'm selecting the animated film.  Meryl did voices in The Ant Bully, Artificial Intelligence, Higglety Pigglety Pop, The Fantastic Mr. Fox to name some.  She also did a lot of voice work for TV but I've ruled out all TV in this project.  I would love to do Higglety Pigglety Pop because there are a ton of G's in the title but that's no reason to make a selection.  When I did pull of the hat, I got Chrysanthemum which is also one of her animated ones but I couldn't find it online so I'm really searching.  The scene has to be a good one and can't have too much background noise for the editing and replacing of the voice purposes.

Can you believe the craziness?  By the way, the H scene is coming along very nicely.  The actor is set, the script is sent and we just need a location.  At least if I go animated, the only location I need is The Reel Thing recording studio, I think.  Wow, it's all such an adventure!

0 comments: