" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: The I of the storm

Monday, June 7, 2010

The I of the storm

Tomorrow we shoot the I scene.  I've loved this scene from the very beginning.  I haven't had much prep time but I thrive under pressure ... ya, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My character is a homeless woman ...  a true bum from the 1930's. She is sick and dying but hasn't really come to terms with that. Day to day existence is what she worries about most.  Her other biggest concern is Francis, a man that she loves.  We will shoot this scene in a church called The Divine Word, in Kirtland, Ohio.  Becky Harper, the same Becky who provided the choir robes is also my church hook up!  When she asked the priest if we could shoot there she said, "my goal is to get all of my friends to church" and apparently those were the winning words!  He also was more than willing when she said my last name and pointed out that Chris Telzerow was my ex husband.  Chris worked at many catholic churches and always provided beautiful music so the priest without hesitation granted us the permission to shoot in his church.

It will be a completely different crew, no Devin in sight.  Chuck Chubbuck of C-Squared Communications will be my official Director.  Adam White will be the Director of Photography.  He will have an intern on hand to hold the boom and provide extra crew assistance.  I just need to scare up a costume, a make up plan and learn my lines and I'll be all set by tomorrow at 1:00 ... no worries, right?  We're shooting this one early and considering we shot the last one late that all adds up to time crunch on my end.  What have I been doing in between, you ask?  LAUNDRY!  Hello!  A girl needs to wear clothes.  I'm pretty sure it's illegal and a sin to go without.

OK, going to go prepare now.  I'll let you know how it all turns out.  Sweet Becky offered to take pics of the shoot so we'll have some images to post.  I'm very excited about that!  Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

0 comments: