" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Technical Difficulties galore

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Technical Difficulties galore

I'm trying to be upbeat but I have to say this might prove to be a gripe session.  If you want a sunny, sweet Nancy T, you may have to refer to a recent blog post because this one won't be it.  I will do my best to temper myself but I have to get this off my fingertips. 

As you know, there is much to do with A to Z that involves the computer.  The list is long:  this blog, the posting of the actual scenes, managing facebook, youtube, twitter, linkedin, updating my website, the Meryl Forum and any other means of PR usually happens with some clicks on a keyboard.  I am in wonder daily at the marvels of the internet and may be a bit hooked which is probably why I get so out of sorts when I'm without it.  For months now, I've been blessed by friends who have given, loaned, fixed, and updated various laptops that I've been not so carefully toting around. I thought I was careful, mind you, but clearly I wasn't because they ALL died in one way or another.  The latest casualty is the biggest tease of all. This computer works when I'm not at home but has stopped in it's tracks at my apartment.  Now, the whole point of having a computer of my own is to save on travel, gas and time but if I'm required to take it on the road every time I want to google something, well heck, I might as well sleep in my car.  I'm googlelicious!  I'm google happy.  I'm darn near always googlefied!  I have questions and google answers them IF I have a working computer upon which to ask them.

So forget me finding another apartment with laundry in the unit because I can't go to the rental websites.  And don't even think about me watering the plants consistently on facebook, youtube, twitter and linkedin because by the time I spend hours trying to correct my computer issues, I'm so frustrated that I won't even update in that mood.  What does this mean?  It's all slipping.  I'm not doing my updates nearly often enough, I'm losing readers, comments and viewers of my videos. Then there's the Flip camera.  The product is awesome.  It is not the product.  It's apparently the electromagnetic field around ME that prevents me from using it the way the rest of the population does.  I can't get it to "charge" or stay charged.  I thought it was a mere matter of  batteries but I have yet to be able to use it for any decent length of time since the first time I let the battery die.  My plans for that camera was to use it for rehearsing and even possibly blog updates but when I get it to work for 3 minutes at a time, every other week, I'm again IN NO MOOD to be making charming videos. 

So most of the time, no computer and no camera and no PR person which is probably the most crucial fact.  Trying to do PR myself with no background in that field, no personal expertise and NO TIME or energy is not working for me.  I need a pro. 

With all of that crabbing aside, I still love my project, the work, and the amazing learning that happens every single day.  Thanks for reading and listening to my silly rant.  Hey, I promised last time that I would wait at least a week and that was MORE than a week so that explains the B in witch.

1 comments:

Terri said...

Hey Nancy, If I read it correctly, your flip camera batteries are not working anymore..right? What I suggest than is to buy a new original chargeable battery that came with the Flip camera. The batteries from the store may not be as good. Yea? Just a thought..