" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: All was quiet this weekend

Monday, December 20, 2010

All was quiet this weekend

OK, I better get to blogging.  Peeps need to know what's happening in the A to Z world.  I spoke with Toni who was to play my sister in the V scene and she can no longer shoot it this month.  This means I have to find a different scene or recast.  I don't want to recast and truth be told, I don't want to find another scene.  I will though.  I will go through Meryl's filmography and either choose a new movie all together or choose from the remaining picks and come up with something good.  My plan was to have it shot by the first half of the month so that the end of December could be a quiet and peaceful time.  Well, as my plans have gone thus far, that's shot to crap and all I can say is it's lucky I'm flexible.  Now I just have to pray that Devon is also flexible.  Normally I wouldn't mind just throwing that last scene into the month of January but I have 3 to shoot in that month and it's going to be a lot as is.  Hmm, what to do.

Next up, my attitude.  Still blue. Wish I weren't.  Have so many people telling me not to be.  That doesn't really help.  I wish someone just understood.  It's like choosing and implementing a whole new exercise regimen and daily sweating your butt off, sticking with it no matter what, and keeping with it only to find that your muscles aren't at all tighter, you haven't lost an inch on your waistline, and basically though you can find many great things about your new exercises, you can't see results.  We are a results oriented lot, aren't we? People keep saying don't look at the results but that's like baking a pie and not caring if it's burnt and tastes like doggy doo doo.  It's just not human.   It's like being an artist and spending months on a sculpture only to have it never take shape.   It's like being in the stock market and never making money on your investments. 

I can argue the other side of the coin all day long.  I have seen results.  I know accents like I didn't know before as was intended.  I have gotten all the way through the letter U which is a huge accomplishment.  I have worked with some of the best in town BUT I feel what I feel.

I actually had someone ask me if I was going to get a "real job" when I was done with this.  I haven't busted my butt for 10 months to throw in the towel.  I guess some will never understand what it's like to do what you love and never want to give up.  That's me though.  I think the many questions of what's next that I've been bombarded with have been a drain.  Then the suggestions of what I should do which all involve more of this type of craziness are also tough to hear.  It's all just not what I expected but nothing ever is.

0 comments: