" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: I see snow, shoots and edits

Friday, December 3, 2010

I see snow, shoots and edits

That's what I see.  Yep, with snow being the main thing in front of me.  I'm glancing out the window and I realize I have the choice to see cold and slippery roads or exquisite snowflakes and a glistening blanket.  But let's be real.  I'm a freeze baby and I love the warmth like I love my sleep ... nuf said.  I do remember though, nearly a year ago, when Devon and I were driving in treacherous weather to shoot the very first scene of A to Z with Meryl and Me.  I had contacted Susan Orlean herself and actually heard from her, as research for my first character.  Fast foward to today and she's both a twitter and facebook friend of mine. Do we have coffee?  Nah, I don't drink coffee ;-)

I truly cannot believe I just shot the T scene, also a real person that I have studied for months.  Nora Ephron is one of my favorite screenwriters and directors.  Her list of films is right up my alley and her true life story has some similarities with my own.  Nora is an absolutely funny woman but the scene I chose from her semi autobiographical movie, Heartburn, was not a comedic moment in the film.  I chose the cheating hubby scene.  Again, nuf said.

I study all of my characters but it is a real treat to be able to look up the actual people.  I wonder what Nora would say of my performance.  I know she loved Meryl's interpretation but would she appreciate mine?  Meryl Streep knows and is friends with Nora Ephron.  I only know OF her, that's a big difference.  Still, I'm proud of what I did and while I'm forever adding to my list of dreams, I'd love to have Nora see my work in the scene and comment on it, preferably directly to me.  Maybe it's time I gave Liz a call and see if she can work some PR magic in that direction.  The T scene should be viewable on Sunday.

Now I'm going to bundle up like an eskimo for my venture to lunch.  Actually, anyone who knows me knows it's more likely I'll wear a sundress but at least I'll be sure to have tights and a scarf!

0 comments: