" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Special Thanks for the Q Scene!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Special Thanks for the Q Scene!

Prime, wow, what a scene It was the only scene that I did NOT randomly select with my eyes closed.  It was a movie that I considered as far back as the G scene and really wanted to do so I said, heck, this is MY project after all and I did it!  So let's get to thanking the amazing cast and crew for their perfect contributions.

Devon V Collins shot and edited Prime.  Here's the thing about Devon.  I select the locations almost always without him ever seeing what I've chosen until the moment of the shoot.  He never knows where it will be or what it will look like until he drives up to the spot.  With that said, I was in love with this location, the Jeannie Zarzour residence, for the shoot but being an actor/producer and not a shooter, I had this idea that Devon could get a wide two shot by sitting in the dining room off the living area where the scene was.  I was wrong but here's the thing, Dev tried to shoot it for me anyway!  He pointed out what would be the possible problems in terms of visual composition and I asked nicely, could I see it anyway and then HE DID IT!  He didn't argue with me even though he knew he was right.  I wasn't pushy even though I was sure he was right but I didn't quite get what he was telling me so he just shot it for me so I could see.  It was the equivalent to me asking for a lesson mid shoot and he accommodated me and understood why I need it.  This is what you can count on when working with Devon.  He is there to do the job well and on schedule.  He is there to make you, the client, happy and the work just ends up looking beautiful.  There's good reason why this scene is so popular and well liked, and I think Devon's contribution plays no small part in that fact.  To hire him, email Devon at devon@stimulifilm.com

Dawn Lafferty was the sweetheart that agreed to play this unique character for me.  When I talked with Dawn about this scene she initially was recommending other women to play the part of Rafi and then one day she said she would consider doing it.  I knew she could do the work but she needed to look at the script.  When Dawn agreed to play the role I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that she would arrive looking perfect for the part, all memorized and ready to do her thing.  She did just that.  She came with a variety of choices and even some jewelry for me, in case I needed to add to my character's look.  She was so natural and easy going which is a dream on set.  Dawn started years ago modeling, although just by looking at her you can see she still gets work there.  She has since worked doing voice overs, on camera and has a vast experience hosting on TV.  To email Dawn for work, tradlttg@aol.com  You won't be disappointed!  she helped with the set dressing and was very respectful of the location too!

Location was provided by Jean Zarzour. Jean was in Detroit shooting Detroit 187 and was kind enough to allow us to use her home even though she wasn't in it!  She called her brother, David, who came over and let us in.  The home was perfect for my scene.  Jean not only opened her doors to us but she let me in all of her doors.  I was permitted to go to her bedroom and use any accessories that would work for my character.  I was allowed to use the guest room as a changing area.  It was your basic free for all.  Here's why Jean was so accommodating.  Besides being sweet she knows what goes into a performance and just how to make it comfortable.  She is a 30 year veteran performer and instructor of Voice Overs, Film, TV & Stage Acting.  She can be seen right now in the theaters doing her thing in the movie, "Love and Other Drugs" and the episode she was taping the day of our shoot just aired on ABC.  She is also the owner of Lipschtick entertainment that provides education and fun for corporations throughout the country.  Check out her site at http://www.lipschtick.com where you can email her to book her as a talent, make up artist or voice over instructor because that's right, she does that too!  Go to http://www.findyourvoice-voiceactinginstitute.blogspot.com

Terri Negron as been my web support since day one of my project and I'm extremely grateful for what she does.  Every time I post a scene, well let's face it, most of the time she posts it.  She then grabs stills for multiple purposes on the web.  She forwards the link to my family.  She posts it on all of my pages.  She helps me promote it and that's worth a million.  The good news is, if you hire her, she doesn't charge a million.  When Terri designs your website, she offers an additional service of maintenance and if you ask for a change to your site, and see how quickly she does it, you'll feel like family!  Terri's on top of things, smiling the whole way.  To contact her for web design, a new logo, business cards or other business materials, email her at terri@fengshui5.com.

Special thanks to
David Zarzour who took time out of his day to drive over and let us in to our perfect location!
Jimmy Silver who provided me with the glasses I wore in the scene.
Woodie Anderson for the awesome lighting that he has continued to provide for my whole project!

1 comments:

Jean Zarzour said...

Thanks soooooooo much Nancy! xoxo