" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Shooting the V scene and working my way through the snow

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shooting the V scene and working my way through the snow



I'm in the process of uploading a preparation for Marvin's Scene video ... coming soon. 

Today is a big day.  We are going to shoot Marvin's Room.  This scene has been a long time in the making but I've been looking so forward to it because it is the opportunity to showcase another talent.  Truly every scene has that factor but some more than others, you know?  So, today I will wear my strawberry blonde wig and Molly will wear a new short red wig that I purchased for the scene and we'll do our best to appear as sisters.  More important though is the fact that I'm quite sure we'll give off the sister energy anyway even if we don't look exactly alike.  Along with me, I will have pill bottles provided by George Powers, an old high school friend, that will be a part of the scene and Jay and I will begin our collaboration to make this a powerful on screen moment.  Wish us many broken legs please.

I think I need to bring back the piggy bank for these last five scenes.  I do not pay for labor per se, although not all of it has been completely free, and I have yet to pay for a location BUT I do pay for meals whenever my crew and cast allow me to take them and I do pay for gas and parking and props, and oh yes costumes, wigs, jewelry etc.  It's not a ton of money but it does add up so if you can see it fit to drop a coin in the pig, go for it. If not, your support and love will do me just fine!

Next up, I will go around pick up the final props for the scene and head downtown for the light kit, then off to the location which happens to be Molly's place so thank goodness, I know my actor will already be there!

0 comments: