" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: down to the wire

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

down to the wire

At 11:32 last night, I selected the final scene for A to Z with Meryl and Me.  I then immediately sent an email to Devon and the actor I'm hoping will be able to costar with me.  I have one more role to be cast and that's of a female voice over but I may do it myself ... not quite sure yet.  If not, I have a couple of  ladies who would be great in mind.

The scene itself is about 1 minute long. It's short.  It's sweet and it's celebratory which really seems like the right thing for my swan song.  Meanwhile, choosing the scene so late with the week I have in store for me is crazy!

Today I have to go to Chuck's house (editor for trailer, I scene and kickstarter video) to help him produce something for a potential client.  I often do little jobs like this to help out the many who have helped me along the way.  Before I go to his place in Stowe, I have to head to the Upholstery place where I just may find the handle I've been searching for as a surprise for Woodie.  Gosh, I don't even know if Woodie reads my blog ... if so .. STOP READING NOW Woodie!!!!  Anyway, when he loaned me the light kit one year ago and so graciously allowed me to use it for a great majority of my shoots, I noticed that the case had a missing handle.  It's a huge, cumbersome case ... well, for  me anyway, and I'm sure it would be way easier to transport if that handle were still there so I've done my research and determined that I can have it fixed for him, at little cost and has a tiny token of my appreciation.  So, I have to do that on Mayfield Rd. in South Euclid, around 10 am before I head to Chuck's.  Then Wednesday, I have the Y shoot at 5 PM.  I then have to figure out how to get the footage to the editor who I think will be editing Thursday morning.  This editor is not someone I've ever worked with on A to Z but I'm pretty sure he has edited me in corporate settings before and so although I won't talk to him until Wed morning, it should be ok.  THEN there's Friday.  Devon mentioned maybe that would be a good day to shoot the Z scene with the following day for the edit.

Um, can you say action packed? Can you say down to the wire?  By the skin of my teeth?  By the grace of God and everyone involved?  Sheesh, I just hope I remember all that I have to do in which order so it goes off without a hitch.  May Meryl Streep and all of her perfection be with me in spirit, keeping me on track.  I sure need it!

0 comments: