" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Special thanks for the S Scene!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Special thanks for the S Scene!

She Devil ... what a fun scene that was and I looked forward to it and actually miss it.  It was such a collaboration by so many.  I loved it for many reasons so I better begin telling you why right now!

Devon Collins shot and edited the She Devil Scene.  The more the merrier, ya know?  Except on shoots.  The more people, and other variables the degree of difficulty rises considerably.  With  food/ drink placement and multiple characters in an elegant, elaborate setting, Devon managed to find the balance and created a funny and beautiful picture. To hire Devon email him at stimulifilm.com.

Vic Gideon played my "lover" in the role of Bob Patchett.  The role was perfection for Vic or he was perfection for it ... either way you say it, I was thrilled to see his smiling face across the table from me.  Vic has been a member of AFTRA for years and you probably remember him from his reporting days on WKYC.  He can be heard on WDOK and WLTF as one of the key morning show replacements.  To hire Vic for your next shoot, email him at vicgideon@gmail.com.

Andy Patchett was played by Daniel Sovich and although he was merely a "step son" of sorts for my character, this was not the first time I got to be his Mom on camera.  I met Daniel on a video shoot for the Travel Centers of America and he was wonderful.  Since then I've been quite impressed with his many stage performances and even his own singing showcase on youtube.  To see him sing, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/8486laurie#p/a/u/0/VRMLHpAiI1k  He does his own arrangements!  He blows me away.  I'm proud of him like he really is my son!  Bless his heart.

Nicolette Patchett was played by Halle Sovich. If you noticed a common last name that's because I dipped into the same talent pool for the brother/sister combo and was fortunate enough to find a real life brother and sister who are so incredibly gifted.  Halle also sings and can be seen here singing with Daniel.  http://www.youtube.com/user/8486laurie#p/a/u/2/Avw1dwCxUEQ.  As if that weren't enough, she was also the 2009 National Teen Dance Champion in Orlando Florida.  Wow!  What a talented family!

Jean Zarzour played my mother, Mrs. Fisher. Jeannie has been a long time friend of mine and during those many years she has found way more than I've lost ... well, better put, she's the founder of Lipschtick Productions, putting the show in business (lipschtick.com). Got Pay? Artist advocacy and education resource.  Find Your Voice, Voice Over Institute, where she shares her years of experience in voice over with class after class.  (http://www.findyourvoice-voiceactinginstitute.blogspot.com. To see Jean's film credits go to http://www.imdbme/jeanzarzour.  She is currently in Love and Other Drugs starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway and was recently seen in an episode of Detroit 1-8-7.  Yep, that Jeannie sure gets around and I was thrilled to have her sitting around the table with me keeping everyone in stitches!  To contact her directly for work email her at lipschtick@lipschtick.com.

My make up was done by Karen Laskodi and what a beautiful job she did!  I specifically said that I wanted to update this movie.  It was shot in the 90s so the characters reflected that decade but since that wasn't crucial to the story line I really wanted to capture the appearance of a modern day shallow, plastic woman.  Where back in the 90s, fake nails and lots of make up would have been enough, I asked Karen to give me a nipped and tucked look and she really did a wonderful job. She had my eyebrows up half of my forehead.  It was amazing!  If I look just a little snugger in the face, that was Karen's work too.  She was an absolute pleasure to have on the set not only for her make up talents but also popping in as a production assistant, where needed and that was quite often.  To contact Karen for work, email her at destijlm0vement@yahoo.com. You will be amazed at how awesome she makes you look!!!!

Ilona Simon contacted me about getting involved in A to Z with Meryl and Me.  It was the first time I considered product placement.  I immediately thought of She Devil and the pure perfection of having Budapest Blonde Cocktail Mixes at the table in our scene.  Ilona is the Creator and Owner of this growing company and even has a video about it, check it out here.  http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1528061975324.  What I love about the mixes is the fact that they are low in sodium and she uses natural ingredients.  What I love about Ilona is her grab the bull by the horns attitude and let's get this thing done and done right!  On set, Ilona not only brought the table dressings, garnishes for the cocktails and of course her mixes but she also with the help of Karen, wrangled the dog, refilled all the glasses throughout the shoot, and kept everyone well attended to the entire time.  She was a gem.  Look for her mixes at your local Heinen's or as you will see in her video at a host of other stores.  The business is really taking off and I encourage you all to raise your glass to Ilona.  She's the best!

Terri Negron has been my web designer, tech support and overall cheerleader from the word go on my project.  I have listed countless times all of her efforts and what she contributes.  It's time you found out for yourself and just hire her.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, you will feel like you're her only client and since I happen to know she has a long list of them right now, that's an amazing feat.  To contact Terri email her at terri@fengshui5.com

Extra special thanks go to some of other behind the scenes contributors.
Doug Katz and Toni Cervino for the environment.
Leonard DiCosimo and Ilona Simon for their Budapest Blonde Cocktail mixes.
Laurie Sovich for bringing her two fabulous kids to my shoot.
Dresden Buras for recommending Karen Laskodi.

What a fun, fun, fun scene. I'll say it again and again.  Keep watching it and passing it along to your friends.

0 comments: