" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: And I thought A to Z was taxing!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

And I thought A to Z was taxing!

I've been back from Indiana since last Saturday.  Other than my marathon sleep on Saturday and a small friendly gathering on Sunday, I have been living, breathing, and completely focused on the TV spots.  In post there is so much to do.  You would think a 30 second or 60 second spot would edit together way faster than a scene like the one from Evening.  That's not the case though.  In A to Z, I limited editing to one day and we knocked it out.  We didn't have to create music, we grabbed it off the internet.  We often had very few takes from which to choose the cuts.  We also had a deadline that loomed so we did our best and moved on ... it was ongoing after all.  In this case, it's perfection I seek.  I do not want to present commercials that are lacking in any way to my client.  We were up against it because we were to showcase a bunch of new attractions in the park but none of them were ready so the spots had to be promoting the idea of "we're getting ready for you" while still keeping it interesting, funny, intriguing.  Hmm, still working on that part.

We have a rough edit of 2 of them and the music done for one.  I have either been in an edit or with the composer working on the music for most of the minutes on Monday and Tuesday.  It's starting to take shape but we have more to do. It will all get done and like the radio spots that are already on air, these TV spots will be too.  Can't wait.

I think after that, I might have to work on the marketing of A to Z.  I just might take a small break first though.

0 comments: