" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: If anyone is still reading

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

If anyone is still reading

Hmm, well, here's one more thing I've learned from A to Z and there are many.  People saw me do my project for one year. They watched me cast, produce, act and react all of the darn place.  Obviously, the acting stuff was not new to me but the producing and various other aspects were things I had only dabbled in at most.  The upshot of their watching me and the overall production is a bell went off in some heads.  In some people's minds they started seeing me as a producer, a casting director, a production coordinator.  They figured that if I could do all that with little resources, imagine what I could do with more.  So I worked my tail off just to get more acting work but to date I have gotten offers for producing, casting, and behind the scenes work more than anything.

This has me both distraught and flattered.  I'm glad they obviously felt I pulled it off to some extent or they wouldn't put that kind of faith in me to work on their projects but well, I don't have to tell you how I feel about it NOT leading to more acting work.

So, now I must take this new skill set and use it to bring me acting work. Hmm, I'm thinking again ... this could be dangerous.

0 comments: