" " " A to Z with Meryl and Me: Labor day ... labor day

Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor day ... labor day

We're coming up to a big weekend.  What's so big about it?  Without going into the history of this date, basically people perceive a long weekend to be a great thing.  This means they escape from the daily grind, no work, just play, all fun!  At least that's what they tell me.  So what does a single person who LOVES their work and has no family near by do on a weekend like this?  Wait for it to be over.  I've got stuff to do!  I've got people to see and I've got focus.  I know I'm fortunate to feel this way, not wanting a break and all and yet I also get that people need a rest.

I was recently told that maybe I could use a break too.  Hmm, if i got a break what would I do with it?  Well, I know I couldn't put my phone aside because I'm waiting for Ellen, Meryl Streep or one of Meryl's peeps to call me with great news.  I also know I couldn't completely step away from the computer because I might miss the latest and greatest video from ijustine who now is a bit of a muse for me with her original videos.  All I've done here is say what I cannot or will not do.  That's not good.  I guess I'm not mentally prepared for a break just yet unless of course someone hijacked me and swept me away to California!  OK, now I'm just day dreaming.  Wouldn't that be great though?  I could hike up my mountain.  I could drive through Beverly Hills and see the beautiful landscaping. I could shop on Melrose.  Oh sheesh, I just got lost there for a moment.

Instead, I guess I'll just finish up those tiny things I can do to make money and patiently wait for Tuesday.  They have all sorts of songs about Mondays but my Tuesday song would go like this:  (to the tune of la bamba)

Ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta Tuesday ta ta ta ta Tuesday
the day I just love, it's the Me and Youse day

I just wrote the rest of the lyrics to my Tuesday song and regretted it immediately.  I have no real love for Tuesday. I just want this weekend to be over so something great can happen!  And I do wish all of you the merriment that you dream of for this long weekend ... I do.

0 comments: